Safeco Insurance announces agent officers, participants for 2016 Southeast Region Advisory Council
SEATTLE, Washington (DATE, YEAR) – Laura Sherman will serve as president for the Safeco Insurance Southeast Region Advisory Council, effective Jan. 1, 2016, Safeco has announced. Robert Moore will be the council’s vice president. As regional officers, both also will serve on the National Advisory Council.
Safeco has been using advisory councils for more than 10 years to collaborate with agents on solutions that will improve the insurance experience for both agents and their customers. Approximately 140 agents sit on eight regional councils, all managed by agents. The national council includes the president and vice president from each of the company’s regional councils across the country. Officers are elected by their peers.
“The agents who serve in the Advisory Council program are dedicated to building stronger relationships and creating excellent customer experiences,” said Matthew Nickerson, Safeco Insurance president. “Their contributions are vital to our success, and I thank them for their commitment.”
Sherman is the owner/principal of Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners in Tampa, Florida. Moore is executive vice president at Blanchard & Calhoun in Augusta, Georgia.
In addition to Sherman and Moore, the following agents will serve on the 2016 Southeast Region Advisory Council:
- Kelley Herrin, Jack Bradley Agency, Cornelia, Georgia
- Mike Arnaud, BB&T Insurance Services, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Dianna Pinizzotto, Tequesta Insurance Advisors, Tequesta, Florida
- Jerry Elliott, BB&T Oswald Trippe, Fort Myers, Florida
- Robin Price, Allen Tate Insurance, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Ronnie Tubertini, Southgroup/Ridgeland, Ridgeland, Mississippi
- Cam Winterburn, Winterburn & Associates, Pulaski, Tennessee
- Ron Gant, Collierville Insurance, Collierville, Tennessee
- Robby Robertson, Renasant Insurance, Kosciusko, Mississippi
- Julius Anderson, Anderson Insurance Associates, Charleston, South Carolina
- Bill Turbeville, Turbeville Insurance Agency, Columbia, South Carolina
- Kagan Cooksley, Regency Insurance Group, Fort Myers, Florida
- Eric Shellnut, Shellnut-Campbell Insurance, Brentwood, Tennessee
- Danny Strock, Independent Insurance Associates, Prattville, Alabama
- Clayton Rhoads, The Rhoads Group, Cumming, Georgia
About Safeco Insurance In business since 1923 and based in Boston, Mass., Safeco Insurance sells personal automobile, homeowners and specialty products through a network of more than 10,000 independent insurance agencies throughout the United States. Safeco is a Liberty Mutual Insurance company.
Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified insurer and the third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2013 direct premiums written as reported by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Liberty Mutual Insurance also ranks 78th on the Fortune 100 list of largest U.S. corporations, based on 2014 revenue.
For more information about Safeco Insurance, go to www.Safeco.com.